If you are anything like me, knowing who to trust in your business or home is a minefield.
Most people seem to go straight to Google nowadays but then the choice is huge. How do you narrow it down?
Choosing pest control – Here are our top 5 hints and tips to help you:
1. Check the company is a member of the British Pest Control Association using their search pages. You can either look a company up or search for a company which covers your area.
Look at Checkatrade or Which Trusted Traders where real customers leave reviews.
2. Once you are sure you are speaking to a reputable company ask relevant questions from the customer service team or surveyor. Do they sound like they are know what they are talking about? Are they giving you useful advice? It’s important to use a reputable company because we may be using chemicals. Chemicals in the hands of someone untrained can be dangerous.
They should have had training and be able to offer advice.
3. If you have a business the company should ask to carry out a survey before giving you a price. This is very important because in order to give you the correct solution they will need to see what the problem is and where it is coming from. The pest species must be correctly identified. We were once called to a block of flats who had been told that they had mice. In fact they had a rat problem. This was only identified when the survey was carried out.
4. If you are having a job carried out will they book the visits in or are you expected to call back to make the second visit ? A minimum of two visits should be carried out for rodents because the bait needs to be removed at the end of the work.
5. Finally can you get hold of them easily ? You may need to call them back so make sure that you are dealing with a company who is easily contactable.